We have moved to: www.littlecaliphs.com.my
Our children and education
A child is a gift, an amanah and a trial to his parents, family and society. Along with it comes a great responsibility – The responsibility to nurture them towards becoming the best that they could be, both in dunia and akhirat.
The best thing that that the parent and society could give to our children is education – one that leads him to be a significant contributor to his society, a righteous slave and Khalifah of Allah, and an ummah of Nabi Muhammad (S.A.W).
Not only there is a gold mine in every child, but their early years are instrumental in building their healthy self- esteem and positive self-concept.
Sharing the responsibility to nurture them at their early years, we are pleased to introduce The Little Caliphs Program for Islamic-English-Creative pre-school education program.
Back to the top
The Little Caliphs Program (TLCP) is an Islamic-English-Creative pre-school program that helps pre-school children to realize their best spiritual, cognitive, socio-emotional and physical potential.
Unlike other conventional pre-school program, TLCP has a set of proven creative methodologies for teaching the children the meaningful foundation of Islam, learning and living skills in an integrative manner.
To equip teachers with effective teaching skills, TLCP offers series of trainings on teaching content and methodologies.
TLCP also comes with business start-up package for Muslim entrepreneurs to open and operate their own Islamic-English-Creative kindergarten or child enrichment centre.
The program is offered to be standard curriculum for Islamic-English-Creative pre-school program all over the world.
Back to the top
Little Caliphs Centre
“Little Caliphs Centre”, “Authorized Centre of The Little Caliphs Program”, or “Little Caliphs Kindergarten” is a kindergarten or child enrichment centre that is committed and authorized to use The Little Caliphs Program.
As at March 2010, there are more than 35 Little Caliphs centres in Malaysia. Bearing the name and brand image of Little Caliphs signifies the centre’s commitment and adherence to TLCP Quality Standards. The status and license to use TLCP will be rebuked from the centre who failed to adhere to TLCP Quality Standards.
Back to the top
Company Profile - History & Background
Hajjah Sabariah Faridah’s interest in early childhood education started when she was working as a volunteer teacher at an Islamic English kindergarten in Ottawa while she was a Chemistry student at Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada. Since then, she has been actived in helping entrepreneurs, associations, and communities to open Islamic kindergartens in Malaysia.
With the Grace of Allah, in January 2003, Hajjah Sabariah Faridah and her husband, Haji Roslan Nordin finally founded their own kindergarten. The name given to the new kindergarten was Little Caliphs Kindergarten, but due to the naming rules of Ministry of Education, the name could not be used. Instead, the kindergarten was named Tadika Rama Rama Bistari.
Backed by her many years of active training and consultancy on early childhood education, the founders used the new kindergarten as a platform to design, develop, and test a new pre-school program, namely The Little Caliphs Program™.
Continuous research and development, courses attended, hands-on involvements, feedback from parents, students, and staff, visits to other kindergarten all over the world, and most importantly, inspiration from Allah S.W.T. - all of these have contributed to the development of TLCP.
In this husband and wife synergy, Haji Roslan Nordin plays the role as business author of TLCP while Hajjah Sabariah Faridah as the academic author.
The Little Caliphs Program™ was originally marketed by ILM Marketing since 2003. To mark the founders plan for marketing TLCP into international arena, Little Caliphs International Sdn Bhd was incorporated on 6th of January 2010.
Little Caliphs International Sdn Bhd (885099-A)
· Incorporated in Shah Alam, Selangor on 06 January 2010.
· Fully owned by the founders of The Little Caliphs Program :
Haji Roslan bin Nordin and Hajjah Sabariah Faridah Jamaluddin.
· Authorized capital: RM100,000. Paid-up capital: RM100,000.
· Business focus: Focuses on Early Childhood Education and Business licensing
program, academic research, training, consultancy, publishing, trading and
merchandising of pre-school related products.
The Curriculum Mission:
1. Our mission is to instill the LOVE of Islam and knowledge to young children
2. To give young learners a wonderful and effective learning experiences using best
practices in early childhood education.
The Business Mission:
To provide aspiring entrepreneurs with a credible investment and business opportunity in Islamic-English-Creative pre-school education service provision.
The Little Caliphs Program™ becomes the world most preferred kindergarten program.
Back to the top
In 2003, The Little Caliphs Program was founded by Hajjah Sabariah Faridah Jamaluddin and her husband, Haji Roslan bin Nordin. The first is the academic author, whilst the later is the business author of the program.
Hajjah Sabariah Faridah Binti Haji Jamaluddin.
Chief Academic Officer, Little Caliphs International Sdn Bhd.
· A concerned muslimah, a mother of five children, and a high spirited educationist.
· B. Sc. Chemistry, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada (1986).
· Tungku Kurshiah College, Seremban (1977-1981)
· Past experiences:
o A lecturer of UiTM & American Degree Preparation Program
o Head of Pre-Science Program, Kolej Inpens (owned by Selangor State Government)
o Lecturer of Pre-School Teaching Certification Program under Ministry of Education, run by Kolej Pendidikan Perdana, Shah Alam
o English teacher at SRI KL International School, Subang Jaya.
· Founder and Executive Director of Integrated Islamic School Shah Alam (IISSA).
· Founded first kindergarten in 1986, and since then has trained and consulted many kindergartens in Malaysia, Bangladesh, and Indonesia.
· Trained and mastered in various learning and teaching methodologies.
· Author of several books for pre-school, primary, and secondary school.
· Specialized in content development, integration and islamization of knowledge, and creative teaching methodologies.
· The main academic author of The Little Caliphs Program.
· Runs her own Little Caliphs kindergartens.
· Supervises and monitors the quality of Little Caliphs centres.
Haji Roslan Bin Nordin
Chief Executive Officer, Little Caliphs International Sdn Bhd.
· A keen learner of Islam, a father of five children
· An information technology and management professional, a business coach and consultant, an educationist, and a seasoned entrepreneur.
· M. Sc. in Computer Sc., CMU, MI, USA (1988)
· B. Sc. in Computer Sc., WMU, MI, USA (1986)
· King George V Secondary School, Seremban (1977-1982).
· Former positions: President of an IT firm, General Manager IT & Billing at Telekom Malaysia International BD, Dean of Information Technology Faculty at Universiti Industri Selangor, Corporate Strategy Manager at NISSAN Saudi Arabia, Lecturer at University Teknologi MARA.
· Public trainer and consultant on Kinderpreneurship, Project Management, Balanced Scorecard, and Inner Skills of Wealth Creation.
· Developed Little Caliphs Kinderpreneurship Program
· Serving Little Caliphs on part-time basis since 2003, and on full-time basis since 2009.